As spring is already here , you have to be ready to embrace not just the change in the weather but your beauty regimen too. Spring symbolizes radiance, glow and rebirth as you witness the birds chirping and gliding with glee, trees showing off their greens, and flowers beginning to bloom after being covered with snow for quite some time during the winter. And with the weather getting warmer, this means that you have to deal with oily and sweaty skin.
You surely have noticed that the weather has become unpredictable now as the world is faced with the adverse effects of climate change. The temperature can rise up to its peak like that in full summer. Weather changes can take a toll on your skin if you are not keen in taking care of it. And if you’re using inappropriate makeup, your skin will totally look horrible. Hence, this spring, there’s a real focus on glowing and radiant skin.
Here is how to achieve glowing radiant skin in a few steps:
- Hydrate your skin with a serum. If you are fond of using moisturizer, skip that for the warmer months. Use serum instead as it absorbs faster into the skin and is lighter and less greasy.
- Exfoliate to achieve that youthful glow. Exfoliating clears your face as dead skin cells, impurities, and makeup residues are removed in the process. When you exfoliate, oil buildup which results to clogged pores and pimples is being controlled. Use a gentle exfoliate and finish off with a moisturizer for a smooth and silky glow. Do this thrice a week.
- Moisturise well.
- A primer is a necessity. Hide your imperfections by using a primer. Plus, you will notice that your makeup clings to your skin longer.
Use waterproof makeup. As the heat can make your skin oily and sweaty, non-waterproof makeup would smear and smudge. It is therefore recommended to use waterproof makeup and avoid heavy, oil based ones.
- Always keep oil-blotting films in your purse. Your face can become greasy throughout the day. Make sure you have these handy to remove excess oils and keep your makeup intact.
- Once your makeup is applied fix it in place with a setting/fixing spray. This will help your makeup stay in place.
Aside from these makeup tips, keep in mind that diet, exercise, hydration and detoxifying goes hand-in-hand too in keeping your skin looking radiant. So don’t forget to drink the required amount of water per day (8-ounce glasses), eat lots of greens and limit oily food intake, keep your body moving by having an exercise routine, and take Vitamin C.
To doll you up for whatever occasion this spring, your makeup artist in Sydney would be glad to be of help and is just a call away.